I absolutely love having a late breakfast or even brunch on weekends. Quite often I decide to make myself pancakes. I know, there are thousands of recipes out there, but I want to add this one (plus variations) to demonstrate how easy and delicious even gluten-free and vegan pancakes are! 😉
- flour (I use a gluten-free mix. You could use ground oats as well.)
- plant milk (I love unsweetened almond milk. Rice milk is naturally a bit sweeter.)
- soda and/ or baking powder (In case you like yours really fluffy use both!)
- chia seeds or one mashed banana
- a bit of oil for baking
- you could use some sweetener (I prefer mine without)
I use 90g flour and 1 tsp soda, 2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water in a little bowl (let sit for a few minutes until you have a combined mixture) and then I add some almond milk until I get a thick batter. You could use a mashed banana instead of the chia seeds in case you like banana pancakes.
With a bit of oil bake your pancakes from both sides at medium heat using a pan. There are amazing oils out there by now: I use Alba oil which tastes a bit buttery.
After baking I LOVE to get creative with the toppings. The absolutely best thing is to put almond butter between each pancake layer. I also like to add a bit of maple syrup and hemp seeds on top. And then I just cut some fruits in cubes and add them with some nuts.
Additional ingredients/ toppings (just pick a few or get creative with your own)
- maple syrup
- almond butter (or other nut butter)
- hemp seeds
- fruits (berries, grapes, apples, bananas, pomegranate)